GERSTEL Sample Prep Solution MOSH/MOAH
The GERSTEL-MOSH/MOAH Sample Prep Solution with fully automated sample preparation and sample introduction enables efficient determination of mineral oil residues in extracts of food, body care products and packaging in only 30 minutes. The integrated software is intuitively operated and it enables simple and efficient data processing both for individual samples and in batch processing mode, including user-defined data reporting.
The GERSTEL MOSH/MOAH Sample Prep Solution is based on an online-coupled HPLC-GC-FID system using the GERSTEL MultiPurpose Sampler (MPS robotic) for automated sample preparation and introduction. In the initial LC step, mineral oil residue is separated into two fractions: Mineral oil saturated hydrocarbons (MOSH) and mineral oil aromatic hydrocarbons (MOAH). These fractions are subsequently transferred to two separate GC columns for individual GC analysis in a combined dual channel GC analysis.
The solution meets the requirements of the DIN EN 16995:2017-08 standard method. LC- and GC chromatograms are displayed in real time to facilitate method development or adjustments to a system, for example, to optimize the switching times for the MOSH and MOAH fractions. The MOSH/MOAH system is modular and easily extended to perform additional widely used sample preparation steps:
- Epoxidation to remove interfering natural olefins.
- ALOX cleanup to remove long chain n-paraffins.
The GERSTEL MOSH/MOAH Sample Prep Solution
Fast and reliable results based on efficient automation and intuitively operated software.
- Determination of MOSH and MOAH in 30 minutes
- Efficient data processing and reporting of MOSH/MOAH data - even from other analysis systems – using the GERSTEL Enterprise Edition software with MOSH/MOAH plugin.
Flexibly adapts to changing needs
- Method development and -optimization by mouse click
- Integrated control of all method parameters, including LC, in one intuitive user interface
- Unique parallel column set-up provides easy access to all parts of the GC oven for easiest possible maintenance
Flexible adaptation to individual requiremen
- Modular extension of sample preparation steps such as epoxidation or ALOX cleanup
- Simple customization of reports to match individual needs